CPANS 2023 – Environmental Challenges in a Post-Pandemic World
Wednesday, March 15th, 2023
Venue: Lister Conference Centre (1-047 Lister Centre), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2H6
The 2023 CPANS annual conference will be held at the Lister Conference Center, Edmonton, Alberta. Participants of this conference will include environmental researchers, educators, students, environmental managers, other professionals, environmental industries and policy makers. The conference will be a great opportunity for attendees to develop new collaborations and share knowledge with experts from various fields in air and waste management.
Call for Abstracts – Deadline Extended!
If you are interested in presenting at this year’s conference, please submit an abstract to Mujtaba Shareef at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 10th, 2023 along with your biography.
Abstract Instruction and Format
The abstract should be 350 words or less. Type font should be Calibri 12 point. The presentation title (in bold) should be at the top of the page. If selected, authors will be able to alter the presentation title up to two weeks prior to the conference date. The affiliation for each author should be next, followed by the author’s name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (all in bold). Email will be the primary means for communication. The conference committee reserves the right to edit the abstract for grammar and format since it may be used in the preliminary and final programs for the conference.
Author Name and Biography
A brief biography of the presenter must be included with the abstract. Please describe, in no more than 150 words, the professional background, credentials, and education of the presenter.
Please contact Mujtaba Shareef with any questions at email@example.com.
Calling all students in air and waste management research!
The Canadian Prairie and Northern Section (CPANS) of the Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA) will be holding our annual conference in Edmonton on Wednesday, March 15, 2023. If you have research that you would like to present in our poster competition, please submit an abstract to Travis.Tokarek@gov.ab.ca. The top 3 posters selected by our panel of judges will be awarded cash prizes (1st = $250, 2nd = $100, 3rd = $50)! For more information on CPANS and the annual conference, please see cpans.org. The cost to attend the conference is $50 for students. The deadline to submit an abstract is February 28, 2023.
- Participants must have been enrolled in a degree program at the time of abstract submission.
- Participants must be present at their posters during their assigned poster session.
- Undergraduate students are permitted to present a poster, but will be competing against graduate students for the prizes.
- Postdocs are NOT eligible.
- Only one poster (abstract) per student can be entered into the competition.
- The student must be the first (senior) author of the abstract, the major contributor to the material presented, and the person presenting the poster.
- The abstract should be 350 words or less. Type font should be Calibri 12 point.
Criteria for Selection
- Originality of the research
- Quality of the execution
- Impact to the field
- Organization and clarity of presentation
Winners will be announced at the end of the conference.
Good luck and we hope to see you at the conference!